Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Take me out to the ball game!

Know what we're doing today?

....
....
.....
......

We're going to the D-backs game!

This is something that we did a lot last year. We did Spring Training, regular season, and Fall League games. It was awesome. But thanks to the Epstein Barr, I missed all of Spring Training, and now we're almost into July and we haven't been to a single game yet.

Last game of the year, 2012
Fall League, 2012 - Salt River Stadium


A's summer "camp" is going on a field trip to the game today, and Z and I are taking the day off to go too. We got crazy good seats on StubHub, 1st base box, for almost free.

It will be interesting to see how much Z has matured. He really loved going last year, but was easily distracted. I think that this year, he's more interested in the mechanics of the game, as well as the whole experience.

A will be sitting with her friends, but I think they are only 2 sections over, so we'll pop by and see how she's handling the game. I'm pretty sure that since she'll be with her crazy friends, it'll be more like a playdate than an actual "enjoy the game" day. But that's fine, that's what being 6 is all about.

.... and, do I dare say it .... my old boss emailed me today about a "possible opportunity."

The world works in mysterious ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment