Saturday, February 22, 2014

Geek's Night Out, postmortem

In a word - disappointing.

Probably due to expectations.

Last year, I had none. I wanted to see a TARDIS. I had wanted R come, because he could have had fun with the kids and the STEM stuff. He didn't. So the kids and I went solo, had a blast.

This year, we met a friend there. The kids dressed up - they were pretty snazzy and were stopped many times for photos. I, of course, took none. I kind of dressed up (and one person even recognized who I was supposed to be!).

There was no TARDIS. If there were vendors, I didn't find them. The costume contest that the kids signed up for? As far as I can tell, it never took place. The band ... well, I hate to criticize, given my complete lack of musical ability, but they were really really bad.

We did see a few cool things, some neat costumes. There was a little kid dressed as a Jawa, complete with glowing eyes - that was pretty cool. I managed a few beers, although given that it was AZ Beer Week, it was disappointing that I only got a "normal" beer.

I guess we'll see what next year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment